Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Yarn is your Friend!

Week 3 = Catalog Yarn
Day 7 = January 21, 2014

A little bit of news here and a little bit of news there.

     To heck with a week. I finished the Mini sock purse in one day. Go me! I even got the lining and clasp on. All that's left to do is to crimp the clasp around the sock and it will be ready to go.

     I heard from my contact, Maggie, today and the class listings are up on the Interweave Knitting Lab website. I have spent the past 2 hours drooling over and inspecting all the class offerings and have come up with the 7 that I want to take. I will let you know what they are, but not today, sorry.

     For the rest of today I am going to keep it short and show you some pictures of my yarn stash, but not all the info. If you see anything that you are curios about, feel free to leave a comment and I will let you know.

     This Saturday, the 25th, I am taking an Indigo Dyeing Workshop at The Charleston Museum taught by my friend Knit Oasis, aka Tamara Goff. (Wow, that is a lot of links in one sentence!) They are providing 1 hank of yarn with the workshop, with the option to purchase more. However, I wanted a smaller weight yarn than was offered so that I could make socks. Well Knit Picks has a fabulous line of yarn called Bare. It's exactly what the name sounds like. The yarn is uncolored and ready to be dyed. I can't wait to be wearing my socks when someone says, "My, those are nice socks." and I'll say "Why thank you. I hand dyed and knit them myself." That just sounds so cool! I will be sure to take before and after shots for you.  
 
     Tutu, this lace type material is screaming at me to be a TUTU for my daughter. Now I just have to figure out the mathematics of the whole thing.

     Pretty colors and it makes a great change purse/business card holder.
 
     To the kingdom of dishcloths and back again...
 
     If you ever want to substitute a yarn in a pattern, go to your local yarn shop or a knitting conference. Both places will have people insanely knowledgeable about which yarns would work for substitutions.
 
     I will be pretty fingerless, beaded gloves when I grow up.
 
     This is another interesting option for a tutu, but I am not sure yet.
 
      More yarn for a Christmas present that was never done.

Question of the day
What knitting technique/pattern/skill is at the top of your list to learn?
 
 
Knitting Quickly,
 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment