Thursday, January 30, 2014

Patterns from Accessories to Hats


Week 5 = Cataloging Patterns
Day 2 = January 30, 2014

     Today I'll share will you my choices from accessories to hats. I have more than enough categories for a few nights, so enjoy. I've randomly selected a pattern from each category, first we have:

Accessory
Knit Stars by Kristen Hipsky
509 Knit Stars (Free)
These stars are so cute and easy to make. I would love to make a chain of them in bright colors for my daughter's room.



Bag
Sweet Kitty Purse by Finedings
This purse is adorable and I love that the Hello Kitty is charted. I plan on using it to make a scarf with Hello Kitty's face on either end.

Blanket
Sock Yarn Patchwork Recipe by Martine Ellis
main blanket photo
I love socks, but I think, I would have a better finish rate if I did one of these. I love the color possibilities.

Cardigan
Benitta Cardigan by Paula Pereira
Simplicity at it's finest. Sometimes you don't need a lot of fancy stitches or color changes. This would make a wonderful around town coverage cardigan.

Cowl
Mixed Wave Cowl by Sybil R
Here is a great example of how to create motion in a garment. I am impressed by the thoroughness of the pattern instructions for this cowl.

Dress
Oriental Lily by Georgie Hallam
How precious is this dress! I would love to try to make it with long striping yarn to give it a different coloring.

Gloves
Leap by Brooke Ramos
My friend Eileen and I are going to attempt our first pair of gloves together. I have picked out the yarn and the only modification that I am going to make is to extend the fingers so they are a little bit longer.

Hat
Truffle by Susanna IC
Truffle Hat Pattern
This is the pattern for the first hat that I ever made. I love the mock cables and the decrease design at the top of the hat.


    
     That is all she wrote, well actually she is me, and apparently I am not done or I would have stopped typing. Huh.

     I told you yesterday that I would give an explanation as to the reason why I collect patterns like tic-tac's. I am a designer and love to see how different people get the shape of their knit items. Plus getting multiple patterns helps me when I want a base to go by and am creating or deconstructing something new.


Question of the Day
What is your favorite pattern from any one of these categories?


Have pattern... will knit,

Victoria



4 comments:

  1. Lots of great choices! It's a hard pick because I have always loved the Oriental Lily Dress, but the idea of a garland of stars for the girls' room is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do the garland of starts because right now Joanna is obsessed with having a strand of Christmas lights in her room. I could very possibly switch them out. Yeas!!

      Delete
  2. That's easy for me - I love the hat pattern which thee gave me and have already made 2 of them out of Knit One Crochet Too / Pendwick bamboo yarn. It's great to work with, and the hats have been perfect to wear during our VERRRRY cold weather here in Connecitcut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Truffle hat is a wonderful pattern and I do not think I would have loved it as much if I had not also use the Pendiwick bamboo yarn.

      Delete