Sunday, January 12, 2014

Compilation of Finished Projects

Week 2 = Catalog Finished Projects
Day 5 = January 12, 2014

     One thing is for sure over the years I have knit many items. They all bring back memories and are made with love.

    This is the first item that I knit when I picked up my knitting needles in 2009. It is a scarf that I made for my husband whose favorite color is red. I wanted to "man" it up by adding the black. My original plan was to do a checkerboard, but since I didn't know how to read patterns and had no knitting connections back then, I tried to figure it out on my own. As you can see it is striped, so obviously I was not able to get the checkerboard look.
Red Striper (Original Design) 

     I love butterflies, their beauty, grace, delicacy and durability. This is a Bernat pattern that I did years ago. I dream of doing a large blanket with many individual squares of differently designed butterflies.
Butterfly Blanket by Bernat
 
     I love Lion Brands Homespun yarn. It is so textured and rich. I made this shawl for Dr. Lori Campbell who delivered my second daughter, Helen. Due to complications while in labor, Helen was in the NICU for a week. Needless to say, I was very appreciative of Dr. Campbell's part in Helen's safe birth. This shawl has alternating knit and purl sections with the typical double eyelet running up the center of the shawl.
Easy Peasy Shawl (Original Design) 

     I love finding patterns from friends. Once again, I found a pattern but it didn't knit the way I thought it should. So what do I do? I modify it of course and this is what I came up with. I love the knitted fringe. It is perfect for those with small children or grandchildren because you can't untie it or pull it out.
Fringe Things (Original Design) 

     Ruffle scarves are apparently all the rage. Every one I have ever seen is done in garter stitch which means every row is knit. Well, since I do not like knitting things the normal way, I decided to see what it would look like to do the stockinette stitch (that is knit a row, purl a row). It gave the scarf a completely different look and feel.
 Ruffle Stockinette (Original Design)

     Sometimes the simplest stitches are the prettiest... and definitely the fastest to knit. You can accentuate a beautiful garter or stockinette pattern with a simple change of colors. Another simple pattern is created by using the seed stitch which is also great for borders and filler work.
 Seed Scarf (Original Design)

     This scarf was taken from one of my Vogue Stitchionary books. For the life of me I can not relocate the pattern. Note to self and all other knitters:
1. Take picture of finished item immediately
2. Load into computer and attach yarn and pattern information immediately
 Purple Question (Original Design)

     Here is the perfect example of how using the simple garter stitch (knit every row, remember) can have a striking affect with a simple color change. Years after I made the Red Stripes scarf at the top of the blog, I figured out how to change and secure different colors. This beauty is what I came up with.
 Zig-Zag Scarf (Original Design)

Once again I have many more projects than I can put in a single blog, so come see what other masterpieces I have knit over the years in tomorrow's blog.


Sanely Knitting,

Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Love the daily entries! Great fun to see all thee's been doing!! Wonderful work, Toots!! Mom

    ReplyDelete