Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 2

Week 2 = Catalog Finished Projects
Day 1 = January 8, 2014


     Eventually you either rip out a project or finish it, so I thought that I would dedicate this week to cataloging my finished projects.

     To start us off, I have the finished projects of some brilliant knitters that I know and would like to share with you.

     First is a sweater that my mother made for my father in 1969, just before they got engaged, and he still wears is today. She bought the yarn and pattern in England and made the whole sweater on the boat trip back to the States.

I love my Mommy and Daddy! Aren't they cute!


     Second is a blanket that my maternal grandmother Joanna Savery made for me probably 15-20 years ago. This blanket was hidden in the dark recesses of my bedding drawer because it had several holes. Just a few months ago I pulled it out and mended it. 


     Third is a sweater that my paternal grandmother Emma Frederick made for my father in about 1958. Yes, is it a Mary Maxim pattern and I am the model.

 
 
 


     Fourth is also a sweater that my paternal grandmother Emma made for my uncle in about 1958. Yes, is it another Mary Maxim pattern and I am again the model.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Apparently knitting talent runs in the family. Can't wait to show you some of my many finished projects. Check tomorrow for my children oriented knitting projects.
 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment