Monday, August 25, 2014

My Monday - Blooming in Reverse - Week 6

Week 34 = Week of Firsts
Day 6 = August 25, 2014

     I finished the shawl! All that is left is to block it and viola! This past week, I almost took a bunch of rows out again. I wasn't happy with my k2tog mishap from last week and couldn't take it. But I resisted the urge to make it perfect. This will be for my 4 year old and she will be happy no matter what it looks like.



     I love the look of the 2-stitch, eyelet border that wraps all the way around. Once I figured out that I should use short rows and not k2tog to turn the corner and decrease at the same time, it was great. I was also very happy with how the bind off went.


     It also took to the last flower to figure out that the flowers look better if they are connected directly to the stems. I had been putting a space in between the flower and stem. Next time I am going to do the flowers differently. You can see that except for the last flower there are large steps where I was working on up to 3 flowers at once on both sides of the shawl. Well, I am going to try one flower at a time and stepping the shawl in/decreasing after each flower is finished.


     Be sure to check back next week to see how this blocked.

~~~

Don't forget to enter our August Giveaway by answering
the Knitting Question of the Day on our Savery Knitting
Facebook page. The link is below and answers must be
posted on Facebook to qualify as an entry.

~~~
 
For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.

 
Knitting with Flowers,
 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment