Friday, August 29, 2014

Fabulous Friday - LaLa's Simple Shawl

Week 35 = Yarn Clean Up
Day 3 = August 29, 2014




     When learning to knit there are a few milestones that are always memorable. For example socks, sweaters, lace and ... a shawl.


     This is the first fabulous Friday where I will be sharing a pattern that I have actually knit. Here are the pictures that are on the Ravelry page.



     My version is called Campbell's Delivery and I made it in the summer of 2012. I, of course, modified it slightly. I used a thicker yarn, Lion Brands Homespun, made it extra big and changed up the repeat a little bit.


     The story behind the name is a super sweet one. Campbell is the last name of the doctor who delivered my youngest, Helen. Helen had complications during birth, and afterwards she was in the NICU for a week. So I greatly appreciated Dr. Campbell's calm, cool, expertise after Helen was born because, frankly I was a wreck.










 
~~~
 
For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.
 
Knitting For My Doctor,
 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment