Monday, August 4, 2014

My Monday - Blooming in Reverse - Week 3


Week 31 = Worth of Your Knitting
Day 6 = August 4, 2014


     The picture below is the same as last weeks because I have only gotten about 10 rows knit this week.






     One of the reasons for the big slow down is that I have been designing the accents that are going to go into the multi-colored part of the shawl. There will be a pattern of eyelets that change in size over several rows so I have been taking it very slowly. Also, I am trying to be extra careful to write down exactly what I am doing at the same time I am actually knitting it, which is taking for ever.


     Just like last week, I have found items that need to be reworked and fine tuned in the next go round. For example:
  • I tried to spice up the straight lines that you see in the shawl above. I did this by slowly angling them once to the multi-colored section and the look was completely wrong and messy.
  • I waited about 10 rows to start the pattern change using the multi-color yarn. I really needed to start it in the first row instead.
  • The green yarn is worsted weight and the multi-color is a thick 'n' thin yarn. This means the yarn weight varies, in this case from DK to Bulky. I definitely need to go down to a DK weight, at least, to give the shawl a lighter effect.



~~~


For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.

 
Knitting with Concentration,


Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment