Saturday, March 8, 2014

Swatches!

Week 10 = CYCCIP
Day 4 = March 8, 2014


knit all the swatches andknitted for another 5 or 6Knit Swatches | Pinterest
Aol images
     Part of my Certification is to do swatches of different stitches. These swatches are to show a knowledge of not only how to do the stitch but also how it should look when done correctly. You have to take several things in to account: your gauge, the stitch that you are doing and blocking just to name a few.


     Here are the swatches that I need to complete:
  1. 5" square - Knit garter stitch
  2. 5" square - Purl garter stitch
  3. 5" square - Stockinette stitch
  4. 5" square - K1,P1 ribbing stitch
  5. 5" square - Seed or moss stitch
  6. 5" square - Basketweave stitch
  7. 5" square - Cable stitch
  8. 5" square - Feather & fan
  9. Knit in front and back of stitch & K2tog
  10. M1 & SKP
  11. Knit in stitch below & SSK
  12. 24 sts x 3" long sample knit in the round using double-pointed needles
     The fun thing is that I will get all my swatches back after the assessment which will be my ready made examples for any class that I might teach. The not-so-fun thing is I have to figure out my gauge and that requires knitting a swatch. So I will be knitting a swatch for a swatch... oh, the irony.


     I am no stranger to knitting and ripping several times. When designing it becomes a habit to knit and rip. Sometimes you can get to the picture in your head, but it might take several trials. The persistence pays off in the long run and I plan on using that to help me get through my swatches.


Question of the day
Which swatch would you start with?


Swatch Knitting,


Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment