Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Knitting History

Week 11 = History
Day 1 = March 12, 2014


     My grandma taught me to knit when I was probably 8 or 9. After those first lessons I never really thought about knitting again for more than 20 years. Over the years I have dabbled in every other artsy/craftsy thing which included cross-stitch, quilting, sewing, playing the piano, writing, drawing and so on.

     It wasn't until I became pregnant with my first child in 2009 that I picked up knitting needles again and my passion was found. I started with a scarf for my husband and have not stopped in the 4 years since. 



     I do not really have a style of knitting/knitting fixation, meaning that I do not focus on one type of garment, weight of yarn, or type of fiber. Well... I guess you could say that I am fixated on modifying patterns. When it
 comes to knitting I also like to explore new stitches, magazines, techniques, tutorials, patterns, knitting needles, accessories, books and yarns.



    To expand my knitting knowledge I have taken online tutorials from Craftsy, Annie's and from KnitOasis. I have also become a member of The Knitting Guild Association, Flowertown Knitting Guild and Summerville Knitters all to broaden my knitting know how. Going beyond just knitting, I have also started to create my own designs, which I look forward to sharing with you.

    While knitting is my passion it is second to my husband and 3 daughters. There are also 2 dogs, 2 cats, 4 chickens, countless local in-laws, far-away family members and good friends. My family is my center and I could not imagine it any other way.

     Born and raised a New England girl, I am a Southern Lady at heart. I didn't feel at home until I moved to Charleston, South Carolina. Plus...all the snow and cold was not for me.



Question of the day
What is your knitting story?


Knitting History,


Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment