Saturday, March 22, 2014

Knitting Needles

Week 12 = Catching Up
Day 4 = March 22, 2014

     I have learned that when I knit with nicer knitting needles, I feel like I am knitting a nicer item no matter what it is that I am actually knitting. When I first started knitting again about 5 years ago, I had a few straight and circular aluminum needles. I kept trying new projects and decided to "splurge" and get a full set of Bamboo needles, from China no less. I think that I paid $35.00 for a full set of 40" circulars from size 0-15.

     For a starting knitter this was the best thing to do because now I could try any size yarn and I had the needles. Over time and repetitive use I have had to replace those needles because they are unreliable and quite a few have fallen apart with only moderate use. So, I have been trying different brands of knitting needles like Clover, Hiya Hiya, Knit Picks and Knitter's Pride, Dreamz.
 
     The ones that I have to show you today are all new, purchased from Knit Picks. First we have 3 pictures of the 6" Caspian Double Pointed Needle Set which contains 6 needles each of sizes 2.00mm, 2.25mm, 2.50mm, 2.75mm, 3.00mm and 3.25mm. I have been knitting a sock, pictured below, for a friend (who will remain nameless, since she reads this blog) using these needles and I am in love. The needles are so smooth, the weight of them is perfect and the layering of the colored wood is beautiful.



     I also got the Caspian 16" circular needles in size 7US, 8US and 9US. I have not tried these yet.


     The final new circular needles that I got are also a 16" circular size 7US in Harmony Wood.

     There is a "Cadillac" of knitting needles and they are the Signature Knitting Needles. The picture below is from the Signature Needle Arts website. These needles below are $34 a set. Drooooooool!
Single Point Needles

Question of the day
What is your favorite brand of Knitting Needles?
 
Knitting Needle Happy,
 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment