Monday, March 24, 2014

First paid knitting class... yipee!!!!

Week 12 = Catching Up
Day 6 = March 24, 2014

     On March 15th, I taught my first knitting class with paying students. Well, 1 student actually, my 2nd student had the wrong day in her planner. So, on March 16th I had my 2nd paying student. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! You can not imagine how jazzed I feel even now, just talking about it.

     The class was part 1 of 2 for my original grocery bag pattern. It was completely different writing a pattern while keeping in mind teaching students as opposed to individual use. Even after 6+ hours editing (with my fabulous editor aka Mom), I left the class with more notes and changes that I wanted to communicate to anyone who would potentially knit the pattern.

     As I have told you before, I have to also do the knitting work for the grocery bag to readily be able to show my students what is going on. So here is a picture of my grocery bag in progress which I also posted as a WiP on Thursday's blog.

~~~
 
     I realized that I forgot to show you some yarns yesterday so I have a few more for you tonight. BONUS! First I have a beautiful Knit Pick's Chroma, Luau. You saw this picture on Saturday's blog when I posted about new knitting needles. The yarn has an awesome halo that makes the sock look so luxurious.

     The yarn gods must have known I was going to forget a few yarns because I got 4 skeins in the mail today from a company in England. On Facebook there was this quiz to find out what yarn you are and I was Hayfield Bonus DK. As it turns out, I needed to get some DK yarn for one of my conference classes and I loved the colors available... So, I got a few skeins. I am excited to see how the colors turn out. I got Classic Red, Grouse, Silver Grey and Orchid Pink.

     The other skeins of yarn are also for 2 of my conference classes in May. The classes required wool or wool blend yarn in worsted weight. So I went to my faithful KnitPicks.com and got Wool of the Andes in colors Mink Heather and Dove Heather.

Question of the day
Which of the yarn colors above do you like best?

Knitting for Class,

Victoria

3 comments:

  1. I like the warmed shade....everything goes great with red! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite is the Luau, I just love the fuzzy hue.

      Delete
  2. I love the Luau because it isn't a solid hue. I love the color changing yarns.

    ReplyDelete