Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Flowertown Knitting Guild

Week 12 = Catching Up
Day 7 = March 25, 2014

 
Knitting
Image from AOL image search

     I love Flowertown Knitting Guild. It is full of smart, talented and beautiful women. As of tonight's meeting we have a membership of 22 lovely ladies. I am so excited about what this year will hold for our group.

 
     After only one year we have had to move our meetings to a bigger location (Bethany United Methodist Church, thank you). We also have the whole year's schedule already planned out and even might be adding in some weekend classes to be able to do longer and more intensive projects. We will be trying to reach out and do more community work and charity knitting. So, if you know of a community event that we could participate in or a charity that we could knit for, please feel free to leave a comment on this blog or email me at saveryknitting@outlook.com and I will be happy to pass it on. Here is a link to our current charity projects.

 
     This is the year's schedule of classes. Pretty fabulous if I do say so myself.
  • January 28: Cancelled due to an ice storm
  • February 25: Knitted Flower taught by Angela Cline.
  • March 25: How To Magic Loop taught by Lynn Dukes.
  • April 22: Make a Reversible Cable Bookmark taught by Victoria Williams.
  • May 27: Beaded Knitting with a Crochet Hook taught by Eileen Cahall.
  • June 24: Make a Beaded Bracelet using Prestrung Beads taught by Victoria Williams.
  • July 22: Bag Dye a Silk Scarf taught by Pat Lorenz.
  • August 26: Felted Soap taught by Lynn Dukes.
  • September 23: Knitted Christmas Balls taught by Joyce Stebbins.
  • October 23: Dyeing Yarn taught by Angela Cline and Jessica Higdon.


     All the classes except July will be taught by members of our Guild. See, I wasn't embellishing when I said we have some talented women in our guild.

Question of the day
Which class above would be your #1 pick?

Guild Knitting,

Victoria


P.S. Thank you to all who faithfully read my blog every day even you, Anne Dyal (I couldn't want for a finer blog stalker). I have been reminded that it is not the easiest thing to leave a post on these blogs. So here is a reminder how it goes.
  1. If there are no posts, you will see "No Comment" at the bottom of the post, click on that. If there are other posts, you will see for example, "2 Comments" on the bottom of the post, click on that.
  2. Enter your comment in the box and do not forget to sign your name.
  3. From the drop down box next to "Comment as:" pick "Anonymous".
  4. Click "Publish".
There you have it. You have now posted a comment. Give it a try, Lynn Dukes.

2 comments:

  1. That was fun tonight! Love seeing everyone! If you have questions about magic loop, give me a call or come to Sunday knit and I will be happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun. I'm one that has to do something to really learn it. Glad you were there to teach me. Thank you, Lynn.
    Victoria--Love your blog. Will read you more often now that I know about it.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete