Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Class homework and what you should bring

Week 9 = Knitting Classes
Day 7 = March 4, 2014


knitting
Picture from aol images

     When taking a knitting class you also have to think about what you need for the class and any homework that you might have to get done before the class. Sometimes this means a trip to the yarn store. Oh, the horror! I have to go to the yarn store to get supplies.

     As you know I am going to Interweave Knitting Lab in May and I have 7 classes to prepare for. So, tonight I started gathering supplies from my stash to prepare. I got 7, 1-gallon zip lock bags and printed out the requirements for each class. Here are the items that I need to bring to my classes:
  • Math for Knitters
    • pen, paper and calculator
  • Pattern Writing
    • pen and paper
  • Double Knitting Cables
    • 2 contrasting colors of plain yarn in the sport to DK weight range
    • pair of straight or circular needles in the proper size or a size or two larger
  • Four Short Rows for Four Shapes
    • 2 ozs of smooth and light-colored worsted weight wool
    • #8 needles
    • 12 knitter's safety pins
  • Get Gauge (or Not!)
    • #7, #8 and #9 needles
    • 50 gram ball of worsted weight yarn in light color, wool or wool blend
    • pen, paper, calculator and tape measure
  • Introduction to Brioche Knitting
    • Smooth worsted weight yarn in a light solid color
    • double pointed or 32" circular needle in size 5 or 6
    • stitch markers and locking stitch markers
  • Two Socks in One: The War & Peace Method
    • 2 colors of medium weight yarn
    • size 6-8 needles in preferred configuration for sock knitting (dpn, 1 long circular, 2 short circular)
     The underlined items above are all items that I need to get from the store for my classes. I guess I will trudge out tomorrow and SHOP.

     Only 3 of my classes have homework and one is to watch a video on craftsy.com in preparation for the class.

Knitting Homework,


Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment