Wednesday, March 5, 2014

CYCCIP (Craft Yarn Council's Certified Instructors Program)

Week 10 = CYCCIP
Day 1 = March 5, 2014

     I am on the road to becoming a Certified Knitting Instructor and here is a beautiful picture of the first ever finished project from a student. I am bursting with pride and joy and I was able to convey my knowledge and love of knitting to my student and that she is as thrilled and inspired as I am by her first sock. She has already cast on and started the 2nd sock no single sock syndrome here... well actually, there.

Carol Savery-Frederick's first sock completed, taught by Victoria Williams (me)

     Along the lines of teaching I have put together my first round of knitting classes to get my 15 student teaching hours. Here they are:
  • Grocery Bag I - Saturday, March 15 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Gathered Scarf - Sunday, March 16 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Arm Knitting - Saturday, March 22 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Drop Stitch Headband - Sunday, March 23 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Slouchie Beanie - Saturday, March 29 - 1-3 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Zig-Zag Scarf - Sunday, March 30 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Ten Stitch Scarf - Saturday, April 5 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Snake Toy - Sunday, April 6 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Grocery Bag II - Saturday, April 12 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Ruffle Scarf - Sunday, April 13- 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Arm Knitting - Saturday, April 19 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
  • Twisty Fringe Scarf - Sunday, April 20 - 1-2 - Atlanta Bread/Summerville
     I currently have people signed up for 5 classes. This is so exciting! All this week I will be focusing on moving forward in my CYCCIP.

Question of the day
Which of my classes above would you most like to take?

Knitting Instructor,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment