Saturday, February 1, 2014

Printed Patterns

Week 5 = Cataloging Patterns
Day  4 = February 1, 2014

     I want to start today by congratulating you on keeping up with me for the past month. I set out to do a post every day and succeeded. Thank you all for your encouragement and interest in what I am doing. I look forward to what February has in store for me and, by association, you.

     Today I randomly pulled out 6 patterns from my notebook and will share them with you. We have everything from a pillow to a sweater with a surprise.

Knit Argyle Pillow by Loops & Threads - flyer with free pattern from Michaels
     This pillow looks like it should be in an uptown doctor's office. I love it! It might have to do with the colors which I am partial to, but that is just me.

Nesting Baskets - flyer with free pattern from Joann
     I love the idea of a nice, knitted basket holding my nice skeins of yarn....................................... Oh, sorry I got swept up in a knitting daydream. This happens a lot to knitters when thinking about a new project, catalog, yarn, accessories, designer, magazine, book... well basically it happens all the time... we're dreamers.

Psychedelic Hobo Bag - flyer with free pattern from Bernat
     The knitting portion of this pattern is so simple. There is a 4 row repeat which is the gist of the pattern. The interesting part comes when you need to turn it from 1 long rectangle into a bag. The handles and happy colors almost make it a "must knit" project. 

Natura Sweater by Swedish Yarns Imports Ltd
     I have been fascinated with patterns that are off center or off axis (however you refer to it). This sweater really grabbed my attention with it's off center diagonal pattern. I love it.

Breathless Shawl by Andrea Gregory - not available online

     This is a pattern I saw my mother doing and I had to have it. The simplicity and color difference make for a very flattering statement. You can go subtle with 2 slightly different shades of the same color or go for bold with 2 completely different colors. Possibilities abound.

Cuff to Cuff Sweater by Julie Farmer
     This is yet another pattern that I my mother is knitting (we have very similar tastes). I got this pattern about 10 months ago and haven't looked at it since. Well lo' and behold, when I was looking at it today, I noticed that I know and am acquainted with the designer, Julie Farmer. SURPRISE!! You will find that the knitting world is smaller than you think.

     Today I had a breakthrough/milestone. I took my non-knitting, best friend to the local yarn shop where she got her first set of knitting needles and skein of yarn. After knowing each other for over 7 years, she finally asked me to teach her how to knit about 2 weeks ago. Yeah, I welcome you into he knitting world Courtney.

Question of the Day
What pattern have you been inspired to knit
after seeing someone else doing it?

Knitting Friendships,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment