Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blogging by Phone / Guest Writer

Week 7 = Knitting Conferences
Day 1 = February 12, 2014

     This blog is being dictated by me to my mother in Connecticut.  You ask why??  Mother Nature has dictated to me that I have no power today because of the BIG storm moving up the East coast - Storm PAX...ironic name, don't ya think!  

     Mom/Carol here. Storm issues have pulled Victoria away for the moment. While she's occupied elsewhere, and since she is writing about knitting conferences this week, I'd like to share with you my first conference experience. Last November, Victoria convinced me I needed to attend the Stitches East Conference in Hartford, CT, right down the road from where I live. She surprised me by flying up for the weekend to attend with me...and be my guide on this adventure.  [See also Stitches East Blogs from Nov. 8 & 9, 2013]


     Entering the world of knitting conferences was exciting and mysterious - so much to see, so much to do and so many temptations, ideas and products to check out or buy.  There goes my budget!

     Took a class on beading and fell in love with this unique knitting technique. It can add such a lovely touch to a knitting project or can be the star of your knitting project, like the bracelet below which I created in the class.


 

Victoria, Deanna VanAssche (Instructor) & Carol

     Thanks to my daughter, I have returned to my love of knitting with fresh eyes and an eagerness to learn new things, and, of course, knit, knit, knit. Victoria has become my teacher, problem solver, and cheerleader. But the best thing is the mother/daughter relationship that has grown stronger through our shared love of knitting. 

     So...while the power is out in Summerville, SC, I'll be helping Victoria post her daily blog until the lights go back on or until we loose power here in CT from the same storm, due to arrive here tomorrow.   





Knitting Conference Convert,

Carol

for Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Great post Mom! The power came back on after about 15 hours with no power. Thanks to a generator and Coleman stove we did not go cold or without a warm meal. I will give you my version of the Stitches East Conference later in the week. Thanks again Mom, you rock.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete