Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TKGA

Week 6 = Knitting Groups
Day 7 = February 11, 2014

 
3 fellow Guild Members and I having lunch
at the Knit and Crochet Show last October. 
 

     The Knitting Guild Association (TKGA) is the national group to my local Flowertown Knitting Guild that I talked about on February 6. You can be a paid member of the national guild, a local guild or both. There are countless reasons to join.
  • Knitting Magazine
  • Knitting Conference
  • Correspondence Courses
  • Masters Program
  • And more!

      I have posted before, January 26th, about the TKGA's knitting magazine, Cast On. It is my favorite! I just got my newest issue in the mail today and made a deal with myself. As soon as I get this blog done and the kids in bed, I can drool over it. Yeah!
 November 2013-January2014 Issue of Cast On
 
     The Knit and Crochet Show is TKGA's conference. The next one will be this summer at the Radisson in Manchester, NH, from July 23 to 27. I went to the conference in October of 2013 which was held in Concord, NC. I was floored partly because it was my first knitting conference and I got sick. Check out the post at the beginning of October 2013. They had a wonderful variety of vendors, and from what I have seen of the class listing for this year's conference, they have a little bit of something for everyone.
 Sign in area at the Knit and Crochet Show.
 
     There are several correspondence courses available through the TKGA including:
  • Learn to Knit
  • Basics, Basics, Basics
  • Understanding Gauge
  • Mosaic Knitting
  • Professional Finishing Techniques
  • Sweater to Swatch
  • Taming Tension
  • Certification for Knitting Judges
  • Masters Program
  • Plus Machine Knitting Courses

     TKGA has so much to offer. This is only the tip of the iceberg, check it out for yourself.

Question of the day
What is your favorite TKGA membership benefit? 

TKGA Knitting,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment