Saturday, February 15, 2014

Knit & Crochet Show

Week 7 = Knitting Conferences and Fairs
Day 4 = February 15, 2014

     Today was a Hello Kitty kinda day! It was my soon-to-be 4-year old's birthday party and to say Hello Kitty was the theme is a laugh... Hello Kitty WAS the day. As I was putting my daughter to bed tonight, she told me, "Mommy, this was the best day ever." If only she knew the joys and wonders she has yet to experience.

     So, on to knitting. As I wrote about on 2/11, TKGA puts on the Knit & Crochet Show, which includes classes, a marketplace, evening events, a chance to meet authors, a chance to meet publisher, and more. My first ever knitting conference was the Knit & Crochet Show last October in Concord, NC. I only went up for the day, but... WOW ...was it an experience.

     The vendors were great. The variety was astounding, yet not overwhelming. The thing that interested me the most was the availability to meet and talk with yarn reps, magazine and book publishers and more. I was thrilled for the chance to meet with a few of these people and learn a lot about what a magazine versus a yarn company needs from a designer.

     The next Knit & Crochet Show is July 23-27, 2014, at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Manchester, NH. On their website they already have a listing of their classes, click here. I'm planning to go to the Knit & Crochet Show in July so, if you're going to be there, let me know and maybe we can get together.


Question of the day
What is your favorite Knitting Conference?


Party Knitting,


Victoria



No comments:

Post a Comment