Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Accessorypalooza

Week 8 = Knitting Accessories
Day 7 = February 25, 2014




     Tonight, I have a compilation of accessories for you. The first is a pair of wooden sock blockers. These are gorgeous just to look at, let alone functional.



     Have you seen the sheet sets in stores that are packaged in cloth bags? Well, they make a perfect project bag, are quite colorful and very roomy.


     Think Peter Pan Honey Roast peanut butter. The container makes a great yarn holder. When I want to knit I just twist of the top and start. This way I do not have to worry about the yarn running away. Be sure to thoroughly wash out the container or you might get some peanuty knitting.


     I found these 2 containers at the local Habitat for Humanity Restore for less than $2. The wood container on the left is short and great for smaller balls of yarn. The tin on the right is a fabulous portable container that I have put my 2-at-a-time magic loop socks with 2 full balls of yarn. I also added 2 binder clips on either side to guide the yarn and to easily keep the yarns apart.  


     Here is a wonderful update. This is some of the fabric from the Indigo Dyeing Workshop I took back on January 29th. I had my friend Claudia make me one of her fabulous project bags. I LOVE IT!!!!!! The second picture is a close up of some of the color striations and unique pattern created during the dyeing process.




     Well, that concludes our week of knitting accessories. I hope you found something new and different to add to your own knitting accessory collection this week.

Question of the day
What is your favorite yarn or project holder?

Knitting with peanut butter containers,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment