Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lots of knitting, yet no knitting...

Week 7 = Conferences and Fairs
Day 2 = February 13, 2014 (my birthday, yipee)

 
     So, as you can tell from yesterday's awesome guest writer (aka MOM), I was in a little bit of a jam. We were without power for 15 hours and trees were falling (see picture below). That left me time for lots of knitting. Luckily we got the least of the storm compared to both sets of my in-laws (my husband's parents are both remarried) who live locally. One set got their electrical box ripped out of the exterior wall of their house by a falling tree limb. The other set had a tree limb fall on their truck and dent the hood, smash the windshield and break the passenger side mirror. Lucky us and birthday dance.
Fallen tree in the back yard.

 
     So, here is the report on today:
  • Had a great morning spent with my girls and hubby.
    • minus my teen girl who is in FL with her Mom :( sad face
  • My husband had to ask me in front of his Mom and Step-Dad "Is today your birthday?"
    • yes I know we have been married 8 years ;( bewildered face
  • Got my birthday and Valentine's day presents (see picture below), that I ordered myself.
    • long story, don't ask ;( confused face
  • Had a lovely dinner and presents (see picture below) with my bestie, Eileen.
    • the parents couldn't make it because the above mentioned storm hit them in CT today :(  sad face
  • Had an awesome birthday cake (see picture below).
    • which I had to decorate myself because of Mom not being here :( sad face
"I love You" charm, Elephant, Cinderella's
Carriage and bracelet from Hubby and the girls.
American Flag Ribbon, Treble Clef and Paw Print from bestie. I bought
 the Hello Kitty/Butterfly charm one for bestie and one for myself.
Angel food cake with chocolate chips and
Mustache frosting (a family recipe),
Joanna decided that it needed strawberries..

      Overall a great, fabulous, wonderful day with some family and friends. Who cares about the :(, the ;(, the ;(, the :( and the :(..... I AM :-D
 
     I have other things to talk about, but I am going to go celebrate my birthday by cleaning up the house, doing the dishes, doing the laundry and maybe, just maybe, get to bed before midnight.
 
     So there you have it. I have done lots of knitting the past 2 days, but this post has no knitting in it. Hence the title of today's blog post.

Question of the day
What fun things do you like to do for your birthday?

Birthday Knitting,

Victoria
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Toots. The snow piles outside our house are almost as high as they were the day we brought thee home which made me think of thee as I shoveled today's snow. Love thee.

    ReplyDelete