Thursday, February 27, 2014

Knitting Instructors

Week 9 = Knitting Classes
Day 2 = February 27, 2014

The socks I learned to knit at my first Knitting class.

When learning to knit, having a personal instructor is fabulous. The small class sizes that independent instructors can offer is another bonus. My first official knitting class was with KnitOasis last August. I loved learning how to makes socks in her 2-part class.

The benefit of independent instructors classes are:
  • variety of projects
  • tips and shortcuts abound
  • there is no rush to meet a class time limit
  • easy and willing contact after the class is over
  • casualness
  • no second focus, you are it
  • one-on-one support available
  • small class sizes
You can visit your local yarn shop and ask for information on local knitting instructors. You can also look on Ravelry.com for local knitting groups and see who they suggest for instructors.

As you know, I am working on my Certification and look forward having knitting classes in my local area. I am also planning to see if I can be a guest instructor in Yarn shops in other states when I travel later this spring and summer. So who knows, maybe I will be teaching a class in your area sometime soon.

Question of the day
What's your favorite knitting class that you've taken from an independent instructor?

Independent Knitting,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment