Thursday, February 20, 2014

Stitch Markers

Week 8 = Knitting Accessories
Day 2 = February 20, 2014




     Happy Birthday to my baby girl, Joanna, I can't believe that you're 4 already. I love you so much!




     I had to get that out of my system. OK, onto knitting. Stitch Markers are a glorious thing. They can be used for any of the following and more:
  • mark stitches to keep count as you cast on a large number
  • mark the right or wrong side of a project
  • mark a particular stitch in a pattern
  • mark a color change
  • mark the edges of a border
  • mark the number of rows as you knit
  • mark increases and decreases
  • mark sections of stitches in a pattern
  • catch and hold dropped stitches
     That is a lot of uses for a little ring! You have your standard stitch markers as seen below:
Clover Jumbo Locking Stitch MarkersClover Soft Stitch Ring MarkersCoats & Clark Split Lock Stitch Count MarkersJumbo Stitch Markers-35/Pkg
All 4 of these pictures are from Joann.com


   
     Speaking of little rings, have you seen some of the stitch markers for sale on Etsy? Allow me to show you. Each picture is linked to the Etsy page where you can purchase the individual stitch markers.
PEEPS Stitch Markers --Set of 4 Handmade from Polymer ClayCrochet stitch markers round flowersMini Strawberry Cupcake Stitch marker (Set of 5)knitting stitch markers - snag free - turquoise millefiori bead 12mm - set of 6 - three loop sizes available6 Knitting Stitch Markers -YarnFLOOPS  knitting stitch markers (20) - Brilliant - size LargeHiya Hiya UK knitting Yarn Ball Stitch markers- Pack of 6Stitch markers . Custom MermaidKeep Calm and Carry Yarn set of 5 KNITTING stitch markers
     Quite the variety, huh! I have some beads that I got and am going to attempt to make my own stitch markers. I will let you know how it goes.




Question of the day
What kind of design would you like to see for a stitch marker?



Marked Knitting,




Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment