Tuesday, September 16, 2014

What is OCDP?


Week 37 = I'm not sure.
Day 7 = September 16, 2014

The Beauty of Knitting

     I have created a new term, OCDP which is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Perfectionism. I have come to the conclusion that being OCDP is NOT cohesive with being a knitter. Do you think that this is going to stop me? Goodness, NO.

     This week I was working on my Scood design. (I will explain Scood at a later date.) I was 16 rows from finishing when I realized that I would have to break out a 4th skein for about 4 rows. This was not acceptable! So I decided there was no way to fix it without ripping out the whole thing. I adjusted the width and have figured sections to check my yarn supply as I go. I am a little disappointed, so I have not picked it up since I re-cast on nearly 300 stitches.

     My other annoying (because of my OCDP) project is the Leksak Tunic that I talked about yesterday. I swatched yesterday and it turned out great! I started knitting and got 14 rows in, then unknowingly dropped a stitch right near the raglan sleeve increases. I had to go back 4 rows. I counted my sections of stitches and they were off, so it is a good thing that I had to go back because of the dropped stitch. Then I got to row 20 where I was going to do a color change and really disliked how it would look. The placement was completely off. So instead of just ripping back to row 8 where I would slightly change the pattern to accommodate my color change, I took out the whole thing and started over again.

     I LOVE knitting, but tonight I am a little perturbed that I am on such close terms with frogging and tinking.

~~~
For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.
Knitting with OCDP,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment