Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Momma's Girl

Week 38 = I've got friends!
Day 7 = September 23, 2014

     My friend Lynn is a vast and varied knitter. She will try anything once just to learn it. One week she will be knitting this purse. Then the next week you will see her knitting a beaded shawl. Still another week later, you will see her knitting socks. She can do it all.



     Let there be a sock. My knitting friends Jessica, Shannon (another knitting friend) and I all took a sock class from our mutual friend KnitOasis last October. This is the sock that she was knitting in that class. I remember because I loved the mix of the shades of purples and greens (my teenager's favorite colors) and the striping differences.



     Last, but not least of all of my friends, is my BEST FRIEND in the whole wide world (even Scotland, inside joke), my Mom. You know how someone means a lot to you, but when it's somehow put in a whole new light, it is just amplified? Well, that is how I feel about my Mom. I knew that she was my best friend, heck, I talk to her everyday about everything. However, she's been abroad and pretty much out of easy contact. But now that she is back from her vacation, I can say this... these past 3 weeks when she has been in Ireland and Scotland have been excruciatingly painful.   




~~~
For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.
Friendly Knitting,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment