Thursday, September 18, 2014

Talented Friends

Week 38 = I've got friends!
Day 2 = September 18, 2014


     Today I am going to show you some of my favorite knit items from my Knitting Buddies Stephanie, Ashley and Lisa.


 
     This sweater is even more gorgeous in person. The Berroco Boboli Lace that Stephanie used adds just the right touch of color. I would never have thought to knit this pattern Autumnal Cardigan from the pretty, but plain looking picture posted on the pattern. But now it is in my queue, ready and waiting.


 
     Ashley was the first of my friends that I saw knitting the Leftie shawl. So far the colors she picked are my favorite. Not only did Ashley use different colors for the single garter row and leaves on the end, she also alternated between the colors white and gray for the spaces in between the leaves. That simple change added so much more depth to the look of this shawl.

     Lisa is a girl after my own heart. She is knitting a blanket with SOCK yarn... yes, I said SOCK yarn. (I am currently doing the same crazy thing.) A Sock Yarn Blanket is very popular because people that knit socks always have bits of yarn left over, but it is never enough to do a project in and of itself. However... if you make tons of tiny squares, you could use it all up. Lisa has gotten more done than this - it is a time consuming blanket.

~~~
For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.
Friends Knitting,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment