Saturday, September 13, 2014

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SAVERY KNITTING!

Week 37 = I'm Not Sure!
Day 4 = September 13, 2014
Specialty Cake Gallery

     Today is officially Savery Knitting's 1 year birthday. I chose Friday, September 13, 2013, as my start date. I did this because 13 has always been my lucky number and I wanted to transfer that "good mojo" onto my Knitting Career.

     Here are some numbers about this past year.
  • Blogged 263 posts
  • Had 8,352 page views - this doesn't count people that receive my blog via email
  • 96 comments made
  • 775 views last month
  • Most viewed post with 110 views - Novelty Yarns on 1/18/14
  • Most viewed page with 139 views - About Me first published in 9/14/13


Happy Birthday

     Here are some facts about this past year.
  • Before blog - I had never been to any knitting conferences.
    • Since blog - I have been to 3 different national conferences.
  • Before blog - I was the Membership Coordinator of Flowertown Knitting Guild.
    • Since blog - I have become Secretary of Flowertown Knitting Guild.
  • Before blog - I was dabbling with the idea of teaching knitting.
    • Since blog - I am in the process of completing the Craft Yarn Councils' Certified Instructors Program, Level I
  • Before blog - My daughter, Joanna, wasn't in school.
    • Since blog - Joanna started school.
  • Before blog - I had no knowledge of professional knitters out there.
    • Since blog - I have met Melissa Leapman, Vickie Howell, Clara Parkes, Annie Modesitt; taken classes from Patty Lyons, Candace Eisner-Strick, Alsdair Post-Quinn, Kate Atherley, Nancy Shroyer and Mercedes Tarasovick-Clark, just to name a few.
Happy Knitting Birthday!

     I find it completely interesting and a little bit coincidental that I have been questioning my path in knitting this week, of all weeks. There are some areas where I thought I would be further along and other areas where I am leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought I would be. I have heard of the 7-year itch, but I think I have the 1-year conundrum. There are so many avenues I could go down with my knitting and my other ventures that I feel like it is all 1 big tangled ball of yarn. I guess I'll just have to sit down and take a few moments to untangle the yarn and think about things.

~~~
For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.
Knitting Birthday Wishes,
Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! So glad to have been part of your "post blog" life.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete