Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What have I been up to?

Week 19 = Mathematical Knitting
Day 7 = May 13, 2014

     I thought that it was about time for an update on what I have been knitting lately... other than my 2 failed Mobius Shrugs.

     First I have been working on my Double Knitting basics.
 
 I am taking a Double Knitting Cables class at my conference and needed to brush up on the basics. Here is a simple 15 stitch by 15 row swatch.
 
 

This is the Duvino Pattern and is designed to be either a wrist warmer, a headband or 2 variations of a cowl. These colors show the pattern really well in the photograph but not so well in person.

I also try to make time to knit for charity. This is a pet blanket that I am doing for the local SPCA. The catch is that I am doing it all in continental style knitting.



A friend asked me to make something for her daughter's American Girl doll and this cape is what I made. The model is Mr. Fluffles, Joanna's very patient stuffed puppy.

I decided that making a cape for a doll wasn't enough... so I am also going to make a simple shawl in the same yarn for my friend's daughter.

     I want to remind everyone that I will be going to Interweave Knitting Lab tomorrow and will be reporting live from the field each day. Same as I do know, I mean blogging daily. I will have more pictures than words and I will be super busy. I already have plans to give you in-depth details after I get back.

Knitting question of the day
What is your most recent charity project?

Knitting with Mr. Fluffles,

Victoria

1 comment: