Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 4 of classes

Week 20 = Interweave Knitting Lab
Day 5 = May 18, 2014

     And then there was 1 class left before the end.     :(

     My class today was Get Gauge (or Not!) taught by Nancy Shroyer. I learned so much from this class and now know why my knitting sometimes has railroads. (I will save the explain for next week)

     Mom's class was Cables with Colors taught by Daniela Nii. Having always knit one-color cables from written directions, Mom was fascinated to learn how to knit cables with more than 1 color using cable charts.  

      Now I want to take a minute and remind all of you that this wonderful experience was all because of the Interweave Knitting Lab Scholarship. Throughout the conference there was a Silent Auction where all proceeds go to the Scholarship Fund. There was a lovey loooong table of knit items that were from previous Interweave publications, gift baskets and items from some of the instructors.








     I got this beautiful wrap from the auction. Here I am pictured with the fabulous Annie Modesitt, who knit the wrap. She has several great knitting books that I will be talking about next week. 


Knitting question of the day
If you could bid on an item knit by one of your knitting idols, who would it be?

Knitting with Joy,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment