Thursday, October 9, 2014

Who gets a hand knit Christmas present?

Week 41 = Christmas Knitting Season is Here!
Day 2 = October 9, 2014


     One of the first things that needs to be done when knitting Christmas presents is to decide who will get your beautiful hand knit items. For me, there are a few standard people who always get something knit for Christmas, like my 3 girls. Until they tell me to "Stop," they will all get something knit for Christmas every year. 
 
     So, what are some of my reasons for knitting projects this year?
  1. I decided to knit something for an Aunt because I saw a pattern that struck me a "HER STYLE."
  2. I decided to knit something for one of my nieces because I know her size and color preference.
  3. I decided to knit 2 special people matching things because I already had the perfect yarn for the project.
  4. I am going to attempt to knit a friend something because I know her likes and dislikes.
  5. I decided to knit my husband something because he asked.
  6. I decided to knit my Mother-in-law something because she seriously loved a yarn that I was using for another project.
  7. I also decided to knit my Mother-in-law something else because it is an item that I know she uses a lot.

     Now, will I get all of these done? Sure (fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed). If I don't, it doesn't matter. They don't know what I was plotting anyways. No matter what your reason, all that matters is the love and time that you put into knitting an item for somebody.
 
Snowman Christmas Stocking

     Don't forget to enjoy the ART of knitting (YES, Knitting is an ART), or the love that you hold for the special person who will receive it. Remember, "Knitting is your present... the finished project is theirs!"

~~~

For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook. 

Knitting for Who,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment