Sunday, October 26, 2014

Knitter's Treasure

Week 43 = Weekend in Pennsylvania
Day 5 = October 26, 2014

     Remember this picture from Wednesday's blog?

My Grandma and her knitting bag.
 
     There are many things that knitters treasure like; mink yarn, a new pattern, learning a new technique, finishing that first project and many more. But obtaining a knitter's treasure is completely different. Here is a reminder of #2 from my weekend in Pennsylvania?
    
    2. I obtained a knitter's treasure.

    
Recognize MY new knitting bag?...
 
    You are correct... it was my Grandma's. Grandma is 94 and it was deemed time for her knitting bag and supplies (which consisted of one plastic grocery bag of yarn) to go to a new home. I am so proud to say that the new home is mine.
 
     I have been toting her knitting bag around like a badge of honor. To any other knitter it might be something that they treasure. To me it IS the treasure. Every other knitter would agree with me, getting the knitting supplies from a loved one IS the treasure that no one else sees.
 
     I will have another post in December with the yarn, knitting projects and supplies that were given to me. I was not going to chance losing anything to TSA when I flew back home (especially since my Grandma's knitting needles were long, straight, aluminum ones).
 
~~~

For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook. 
 
Knitting Treasure,
 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment