Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Family, Family, Family!

Week 43 = Weekend in Pennsylvania
Day 7 = October 28, 2014

The girls and I outside Brandywine River Museum.

     4. I got to visit many family members.
     5. I learned much about my families history.
 
     Family is HUGE to me!
  • Both of my younger daughters have a family first name.  One is named after my Grandma and one is named after my husband's Grandma.
  • Both my younger girls have my maiden name as part of their legal name.
  • My husband and I got married on my grandparent's 60th anniversary.
  • We go to dinner twice a week at my mother-in-law's, willingly. ;)
  • We go to church every week with my father-in-law.
     When I was in Pennsylvania I got to see my Mom, Dad, Aunts, Uncle, Grandma and visited my Grandfather's grave. It was wonderful.
 
     Then to add more to the wonderful, my Mom and I sat down and looked over the family records that she was able to get from the National Library of Ireland in Dublin during her trip last month. We have documentation that takes our direct line from my Grandma (Mom's mom) to the early 1200's. Yes... you read that right... 1200 AD. Over the years the family was associated with King Edward 1, King Henry VI and King James II.
 
     The topic of ancestry fascinates me so much.
 
~~~

For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook. 
 
Knitting from Family,
 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment