Monday, October 20, 2014

My Monday - Easy Saturday Victoria - Week 3

Week 42 = Hats!
Day 6 = October 20, 2014


     First I want to start off with a bang!  Today is my 300th blog, YIPEEEE!!!!!!! It is hard to believe that in just over 375 days since the start of my blog I have posted 300 blogs.

     Let me tell you it is not easy finding the time to post every day or think of different topics each week. I tell you that my fabulous editor, aka MOM, is a little perturbed because I have come so far in my writing capabilities. Mainly because our nightly editing sessions are taking less and less time. She thinks that I don't need her....... heck let me throw her a boone <---- :)

     Onto the topic of the day. After making an executive decision or two, I have finally made some headway with my sweater.

Front Left
 
Back
 
Front Right


     I have 9 rows knit on all 3 panels. :0 I know, I know... I have a quirk where I put projects down for long periods of time and then when I start up again, I have lost my place. So to lessen the chance of having the front right, back and front left not match up, I am knitting all 3 at once. It is actually pretty cool because the sweater is set up on the needles the same way it will be seamed. I might have to do this for my next sweater.

     My other decision was to knit a larger size of the pattern on smaller size needles. I did a swatch with the size 13 needles and the fabric was so loose it would not even have been sufficient for a "bum around the house" sweater. So, I did a swatch with size 11 needles and the fabric was very holey when stretched. Now here is a reminder of what the sweater looks like, see picture below. The sweater is very drapey and is made to be wrapped and stretched around you. So, if the slightest bit of pulling created that holey fabric, I would be extremely unhappy. Then I swatched and loved the fabric on size 10 needles.


     In the end my compromise was:
smaller needles + smaller gauge = knit larger size and... PRAY!

~~~

For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook. 

Knitting 3 Pieces at Once,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment