Monday, October 13, 2014

My Monday - Easy Saturday Victoria - Week 2

Week 41 = Christmas Knitting Season is Here!
Day 6 = October 13, 2014

     Has this happened to you?
  1. You are all set to start a new project and commit time to it when...
  2. You find out something outside of knitting has happened and you are forced to put that new project down because...
  3. You now have to finish up another project quickly.
    Anyone... anyone...

     Well, that happened to me this week. I found out a family member that I was knitting a present for had a heart attack. Luckily he is doing better. However, I felt the need to finish his present as quickly as I could since I will be up in his area this weekend and would love to hand deliver it.

     So... I have gotten next to nothing done on my sweater, but here is a review of what I did do.
  • knit the back panel bottom border
  • knit several rows of the stockinette pattern
  • realized that I greatly disliked the excessive looseness of the knitting with size 13US needles
  • frogged my first attempt
  • started a swatch on the larger size 13US needles (not thinking straight)
  • realized that if I wanted a tighter knit I should really swatch with SMALLER needles
  • figuratively slapped hand to forehead and put project away temporarily
     That is as far as I got. I didn't even get far enough along to take a picture. Maybe next week will be different.
 
~~~

For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook. 

Knitting Change,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment