Tuesday, July 15, 2014

When there is no time to knit.


Week 28 = Pondering Knitting
Day 7 = July 15, 2014


Knitting Yarn


     I have been going non-stop from 9 am until now, 10:30 pm. This includes:
  • Getting 3 kids, ages 2 to 14, ready for professional family pictures.
  • Picking up a 4th kid (my niece who is 8) for said pictures. 
  • Driving an hour to get pictures taken.
  • Getting lunch for me and the 4 kids.
  • Picking up printed pictures, ready the same day.
  • Driving the scenic way to the beach.
  • Visit a historical fort (unplanned).
  • Walking and finding shells on the beach.
  • Getting ice cream for all 4 kids and myself.
  • Driving an hour back to my in-laws.
  • Getting stuck at my in-laws because of torrential/extremely windy downpours.
  • Finally get home and in my car the floor of my back seat looks like a gnome sized hurricane went thru it.
  • Clean out the back seat.
  • Trash night, so I take out the trash.
  • Put little kids to bed.
  • Shower to clean the day away.
  • Write to y'all.
     Some days there just isn't time to knit and some days you are just too tired to knit. It happens... your knitting will still be there tomorrow, unless you have a pet or pets like my Mother-in-laws cats. Remember the decimated Mobius?


     So when you can't knit... ponder. What will your next project be? What yarn will be your next purchase? What patterns will be in the next Knit Scene magazine? When will you go to a knitting conference? What technique would you like to learn? When can you plan your next trip to a yarn store? Who's birthday is coming up that you need to knit something for?


     The pondering is endless, so enjoy and knit when you can!


~~~



For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.


Knitting... Not Today,


Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Seems like lately I have less and less time to knit...I miss the peace it brings as well as the comfort. But life gets in the way, there's still bills to be paid, chores to be done and then there's always FB and Ravelry that get in the way and take up more time than necessary!! I always carry my knitting with me - never know when I may be stuck in traffic or held up waiting for something or someone, so I am prepared! I need to better manage my time - but it's 11Pm and I just finished working. Unfortunately, I spend too many nights working late - I really do need to adjust my priorities!!

    ReplyDelete