Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What is your knitting worth?


Week 31 = The Worth of Your Knitting
Day 1 = July 30, 2014

 

knitting in shape of money




     As knitter's we often get the question, "Can you make me ...?" It is part of being a knitter that we love and dread. We love it because someone has acknowledged our talent and ability. We dread it because most people do not understand how much TIME goes into knitting.

 
     We often accommodate the occasional request. When accepting these requests it throws us into a huge field of:
  • Should I charge for the item or gift the item?
  • What is my knitting worth?
  • What is my time worth?
  • Am I doing this for the money?
  • Am I  doing this for the person requesting it?
  • Am I doing it for the joy of knitting?
  • Should I charge for supplies?

 

      There are so many questions and a lot of it boils down to what you personally are comfortable with. I hope that you will check in throughout the week as I discuss different points and concerns.



~~~

The winner of the July Giveaway is Darla Tennis. Congratulations!


~~~

For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.


 
Knitting With Worth,

 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment