Thursday, July 17, 2014

Special Review

Week 29 = Travel Knitting
Day 2 = July 17, 2014


Yarn & Y'all


     Today I had the pleasure of visiting a great little yarn shop Yarn & Y'all in Greenville, SC. I was meeting my sister-in-law in Greenville to return my niece who had been visiting us in Summerville, SC, for almost 2 weeks. When my sister-in-law suggested meeting each other half way between Knoxville, TN, and Charleston, SC, the first thing that I did was look on Ravelry for yarn shops in the area of Greenville, SC.


     Yarn & Y'all is a cute little shop where they know enough to give you your space, but also know what to show you when you have questions. They have a well lit knitting space and we were offered a drink from their fridge when one of the owners, Jan Hedden introduced herself to us. There was a beautiful collection of locally made project bags that were to die for. They were very kind and understanding of my niece who was blowing off steam (from a 3-hour car ride all through their shop).


     You can tell from seeing her shop and talking to Jan that she loves yarn AND knitting. Now, I know knitters who knit for the yarn. The "soft can't help but pet" it yarn. Then I also know knitters who knit for the knitting. They could care less about the yarn. Jan loves both and as a shop owner, you can tell this by the way she and her partner set up their store. The yarn is in one section with plenty of room for several people to be looking at the wonderful yarn. Then there is a large knitting space with 2 large tables and a couch that was calling my name. So after you buy your yarn, it is like you are being called to sit with them and start knitting immediately.


     I know I was meant to stop in that shop because, as we got talking to Jan, I found out that she used to live in Summerville, SC (where I live now). I also learned that she knows of my local yarn shop, The Village Knittery here in Summerville. So if you are ever in Greenville, SC, be sure to stop by Yarn & Y'all at 600 Laurens Road, Suite C, Greenville, SC, 29607.


~~~

For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.


Knitting Yarn & Y'all,


Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind words! It's a joy to us when someone loves our little shop as much as we do. And, you're right, I do love my yarn and my knitters. :-) I'm so glad a few skeins of it found it's way to a good home. I hope you'll stop by again as you're passing through Greenville. There's always room for you to pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and knit a while.

    ReplyDelete