Monday, July 7, 2014

My Monday - Brioche Headband - Part 1

Week 27 = My Monday
Day 6 = July 7, 2014

     Over the next month I will be changing the format of my blog slightly. I will still blog every day, but I am going to dedicate Mondays to MY personal knitting. I will go through the entire process of creating a knit item with weekly Monday updates until it is finished. I am also going to dedicate Fridays to Fabulous knit pieces designed by others.

     So I would like to introduce you to my 2 new days:
  • My Monday
  • Fabulous Friday

     Today starts my first My Monday project, a brioche knit headband in 2 colors. The yarns are both Lion Brand Yarns from the Vanna's Choice line. The colorways are Sapphire pictured first and Patchwork Grey pictured second.


     I have cast on 80 stitches using the backwards loop method. This will give me a greater stretch potential since I am an extremely tight knitter. I have knit 4 rows in the garter stitch and setup row A for the brioche pattern part. I have already had to rip back 6 rows once and 2/3 of a row twice.

     I am expecting to have a completed headband for next week's My Monday.

~~~
 
Knitting question of the day
Have you knit brioche before?

My Knitting,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment