Monday, July 14, 2014

My Monday - Brioche Headband - Part 2

Week 28 = Pondering Knitting
Day 6 = July 14, 2014

     As predicted, I did indeed finish the headband this week. I used 2 colors and you have to really look at the pictures below to see the subtle difference between the inside and outside of the headband. I made the headband as a birthday present for my best friend and was so excited to finish it that I could not resist giving it to her over a month early. She LOVES it!

 This picture is with the blue mainly on the outside.
This picture is with the variegated mainly on the outside.

     The design was simple and flowed very quickly. For those of you who have not done Brioche before, the pattern consists of 2 rounds (A and B) to form 1 complete Brioche round.

     I cast on 80 stitches, joined the ends and worked 4 rounds of the garter stitch. I then worked 6 sets of Brioche rounds, alternating the blue yarn on the A rounds and the variegated yarn on the B rounds. To mix things up, I next knit 4 sets of rounds all in just the variegated yarn. I repeated the 6 sets of Brioche rounds alternating the blue yarn on the A rounds and the variegated yarn on the B rounds. I finished with 4 rounds of the garter stitch and a bind off round.

~~~

For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.

Knitting Presents,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment