Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Joy of Knitting

Week 28 = Pondering Knitting
Day 4 = July 12, 2014

     Knitters are a generous and giving bunch. We love knitting things for others whether it is a gift, a request or a charity item. Just the gleam of joy in the eye of the recipient is what propels most knitters.

     I have made many items that I have given away. In fact most knitters knit more for others than they do themselves. It allows us to try new things and experiment more with patterns and yarn.

     Knitting for charity is a very fulfilling thing to do. I have knit pet blankets and children's hats. Some of which are pictured below.



     I have gotten several requests for knitted items over the years and this blanket is one of them.



     My personal favorite is knitting a gift because the item is unexpected and for someone you care about and obviously appreciated. I would say that 85% of everything I have knit was as a gift.





~~~
For today's Knitting question of the day
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.
 
Generously Knitting,
 
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment