Monday, July 21, 2014

My Monday - Blooming in Reverse - Part 1

Week 29 = Travel Knitting
Day 6 = July 21, 2014

     For my second in-depth project, I am going to do a shawl of my own design. I have this gorgeous green skein of yarn that reminds me of grass. It is really old and I have no idea how it came to live in my stash.


     It is from Classic Elite Yarns and is apparently a former yarn line called Artisan. Below are 3 close up pictures of the label that was with the yarn. It is 90% Wool and 10% Alpaca, with approximately 127 yards. The color number is 072 and the dye lot is 994. I look forward to seeing and feeling how it knits up.


     So you have seen the grass part of the shawl, now for the Blooming part. I picked up the following yarn at Yarn & Y'all when I was in Greenville, SC, last week. It is Nordic Spirit - Victoria. As you can tell, I got the yarn purely because it's name was Victoria. The yarn is a beautiful bulky weight that is 100% superwash wool with 93 yards. It is colorway 134 and lot 011406.

     I am going to start with the green yarn (grass) at the neck and have the multi-color yarn (bloom) at the bottom, hence the Blooming in Reverse name. I just loved that the one color missing from the multi-color yarn was a solid green. Low and behold, I happened to have this perfect green yarn that would fit perfectly with the multi-color yarn.

     I have knit about 13 rows with a 2 stitch border, then a yo. I am planning on incorporating alternating  rows of the stockinette and reverse stockinette stitch. Check back next week to see my progress and find out if I stick with my original design.

~~~
For today's Knitting Question of the Day,
go to Savery Knitting on Facebook.
Knitting Blooms,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment