Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Test Knitting

Week 47 = Test Knitting
Day 1 = November 19, 2014
      This is going to be short and sweet tonight. My allergies are driving me crazy. In the last 4 hours I have rubbed my nose raw. I have had a headache for most of the day. And to top it all off, it is colder than bejesus outside.
~ ~ ~

     It is amazing how many knitters I meet who have no idea what test knitting is or what a test knitter is. When someone designs a pattern, they sometimes ask for a person to test knit the pattern. This can be to check for errors in the pattern, check that the written and chart directions match up, check that the math adds up, check that it is easily understood for the knitter's experience level, and much more.

     Yarn companies might want have people test knit a pattern in colors different from the one shown on the original pattern.  They might also want to see how a pattern would work out when using a different weight yarn than what is recommended on the pattern.      

     It is a very interesting concept. I look forward bringing you more information about this over the next week.

Test Knitting,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment