Sunday, November 9, 2014

Colorful Patterened Shawls

Week 45 = Shawls
Day 5 = November 9, 2014

     When I think of a shawl, I think about lovely, exquisite, patterns... not color/s. One of the first things that knitters ask themselves when starting a new project is, "Do I want the yarn/color to shine or the pattern to shine?" Shawls cover a lot of body and are not necessarily worn the same way every time, so there are not a lot of Intarsia shawls out there.
     Here are a few designs that show off Intarsia patterns in shawls.
 
© seyfarth
My thoughts: Again with the flowers on a shawl. Flowers were a very common theme in the few Intarsia shawls I found.
 My thoughts: I love how this shawl is simply accented by the colorful leaves. I like that they have some accurate color representation and some that aren't.
My thoughts: Moroccan tiles look good as a shawl. Imagine if you translated Italian tiles or Chinese vases to knitting patterns.

Knitting Intarsia Shawls,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment