Thursday, November 6, 2014

Crescent Shawls

Week 45 = Shawls
Day 2 = November 6, 2014

     Of all the types of shawls out there, I would have to say that the type I am most interested in is the Crescent Shawl. They are like a uneven scarf that is wider in the middle and narrower on the ends. Having a wider middle allows for more coverage just below the neck like the blue shawl just below.
 
My thoughts: I love the wavy part of the border. It adds a lot of movement to the piece. 
 
 My thoughts: It is amazing what blocking and a few increases and decreases can do for a shawl.
 
My thoughts: Sometimes a few simple rows of eyelets is all you need to add a little something to the shawl. 
 
 My thoughts: Long color striping yarn is perfect for shawls. It adds interest without having to complicate things.
 
My thoughts: One of the great characteristics of the crescent shawl is that often the border is the pizzazz instead of the main part of the shawl, as seen in triangle shawls. 
 
My thoughts: The simple garter stitch with just a touch of lace is just amazing and can be used for many different purposes. 
 
 
My thoughts: If like me, you are OCD and can't handle the long striping yarns, then this one is your answer. You can change the width of the color and the number of colors however you like. 
 
 
Crescent Knitting,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment