Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Let the Lace be Beautiful

Week 44 = Scarves
Day 7 = November 4, 2014

     Lace scarves are a wonderful accent for a special occasion like a graduation, special date, anniversary or an evening at the theatre, just to name a few. They can add a sense of style, replace a having to wear a necklace and provide a decent amount of coverage for your shoulders.    


My thoughts: Seasonal scarves... are a great idea for any designer. You can get four items instead of one.
 
 My thoughts: This is a beautiful pattern in three sections. Sometimes the easiest thing to do is design one pattern, then repeat it to get the width that you are looking for.
 








My thoughts: You can also repeat the same patterns over the length of the scarf to achieve a simple symmetry.
 
My thoughts: Leaves will always make for a breathtaking lace scarf. The endless amount of shapes, sizes and roundness makes for unlimited patterns. 
 



My thoughts: Sometimes it is nice to let the yarn do all the work. I would love to wear this scarf to a graduation in the spring. 




 My thoughts: This scarf had me mesmerized. The solid squares paired with the squares of eyelets are intriguing. Add on top of that the different angles... and I just might have to make this one.


 
Knitting Enchanting,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment