Sunday, November 2, 2014

Scarves provide warmth?

Week 44 = Scarves
Day 5 = November 2, 2014

     Scarves provide warmth? You don't say!

     Wow, I have talked about animal scarves and colorwork scarves, but what about their original purpose to provide warmth...

My thoughts: Lots of cables means lots of crossovers and a thicker fabric. Thicker = Warmer
My thoughts: This just looks like it would keep me cozy for days.


My thoughts: Plain and simple... garter stitch is a great warmth retaining switch.


   
My thoughts: The bulkier the yarn, the more comfy and thick you can get, just like this gorgeous, yellow, infinity scarf.

My thoughts: Scarflettes are great... they are shorter so there is no extra fabric to tuck into your jacket. They also tie tight around your neck since they do not have the length to be lightly wrapped around it.


My thoughts: Fall colors are a great palette to choose from for the man in your life.

My thoughts: I love scarves that cover your mouth and nose. However, I wear glasses, so just about every time I wear something over my mouth and nose, my glasses get all foggy.

My thoughts: The bigger the cable the more strands there are to cross over, meaning... there are a lot of warm spots in this scarf.


My thoughts: Mock cables are a great way to add texture and depth without having a fancy lacy design.

Knitting the Warmth,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment