Tuesday, November 11, 2014

LACE shawls!!!!!

Week 45 = Shawls
Day 7 = November 11, 2014

     You can't spend a week talking about shawls and not mention lace. The two - Shawl and Lace are virtually inseparable. I love the look and delicateness of lace. I am terrified to spend so much time and attention on one exquisite thing with a 2 and 4 year old running around. I have tried a simple lace pattern in worsted weight and I had fun. So you never know, maybe one day when the little ones grow up...

 
My thoughts: This shawl has slight color variation in the pink to purple range. Multi-color lace shawls were quite a rarity, from what I saw when searching tonight.
 
My thoughts: This shawl is also a bit of a rarity because of the considerable bit of blank space in the middle. Normally every inch is used up in a part of the pattern.
 
My thoughts: This pattern also has blank space but it is part of the design being a Labyrinth and all. I have had a fascination with Labyrinths for a long time.
 
My thoughts: This just looks so delicate. I am afraid to touch...
 
My thoughts: Lace provides the backdrop for great symmetry.
 
My thoughts: You do not need to have big extensive patterns to have a beautiful, light and airy shawl.
 
My thoughts: Shawl patterns are known for being very repetitious. You can create a beautiful and large piece all while using a few repeats.
 
My thoughts: Lace allows for you to design what ver you can think of.
 
My thoughts: A beautiful white lace shawl can be stunning.
 
My thoughts: This is one of the very few shawls that had a very distinctive color change. Apparently the lace speaks for itself most of the time.


Knitting Lace Shawls,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment