Monday, June 2, 2014

My Purchases

Week 22 = Interweave Miscellaneous
Day 6 = June 2, 2014

     Tonight I have what some of you have probably been waiting for... information and pictures about the items I bought while at the conference.

     The last item I bought during the conference was my favorite. The wrap, Varsity Stole, by Annie Modesitt that I won from the Silent Auction. Yes, the model in the first picture is wearing MY Stole. The pattern was originally published in the Interweave Knits, Fall 2011 issue.

 

      I had 2 patterns in mind when I went to the conference. I was on a mission to find the perfect yarn and boy, did I! The first pattern is Kveta Hat, by Monika Sirna. I want to make this for each of my girls.
 
 
     I just fell in love with the pattern. One of the vendors had a bunch of the mini-skeins, pictured above that I thought would be perfect for the flowers. The 5 colors I chose were lovely and will work well with the green skein that I found (also pictured above) for the main portion of the hat. The green yarn is Meredith Bay by Patternworks. It is 95% Wool and 5% Alpaca and has 145 yards.

     The other pattern is one that I have been OBSESSED with for several months now. When I found Crystal Palace Yarns' Sausalito pictured below I knew I had lucked out. The vendor that I got this yarn from was one of the few vendors that had the 2,400 yards that I needed. The yarn is 80% Merino Wool and 20% Nylon with 198 yards per skein. The pattern is Ecuador, by Joji Locatelli and it is glorious. See for yourself.
 

     As if I didn't have enough items to knit already, I also bought this pretty pattern. The way the pattern is written is not very knitter friendly, so I will have to do some transcribing... but I couldn't resist.

     I found this super cute felted bag and had to have it. I also got one in green for my best friend along with a few knitting notions. There were also a few vendors and instructors that had cute pins.

Knitting question of the day
Which of these purchases is your favorite?

Knitting Anew,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment