Monday, June 9, 2014

Declaration/Resolution #5


Week 23 = Knitting Declaration/Resolution
Day 6 = June 9, 2014


A portion of my yarn stash
Picture from Craftsy.com
     I thought it would be a good idea to keep the definitions of declaration and resolution up all week for those that don't follow daily (gasp, hand to forehead, faint.)
Declaration - a formal or explicit statement or announcement
Resolution - a firm decision to do or not to do something
 
     Like all Knitters I have a plethora of yarn. I have bought yarn for over 20 projects. (I'm guessing 20...I do not want to count and learn the real number.) For some I had the pattern and needed the yarn. For others, the yarn was just so perfect for a specific someone. Who can walk into a store that sells yarn, be it Joann's or The Village Knittery, and not walk out with more than intended. This happened to me last week. I went to Joann's for a simple size C crochet hook, a $2.00 purchase. When I walked out I had bought 4 skeins of yarn for 2 specific projects and a new case for my knitting notions... spending $20.

     5. I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve to not purchase any more yarn until I have knit all the projects I have set aside in my current yarn stash.

     Here is a reminder of the other declarations/resolutions from this week:

     
     4. I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve to publish one new pattern a month on Ravelry.com starting June 2014. 

     3. I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve that for every new knitting project that I cast on I will also write down one of my own designs.  
     2. Part 1: I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve to have only 5 knitting projects for fun and 1 knitting project for charity going at any one time.
    2. Part 2: I will write down 5 of my designs before casting on any new projects.
     1. I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve to post a blog on SaveryKnitting.blogspot.com every day of 2014, for the purpose of seeing what can happen in a year's time with daily dedication to exploring knitting in all its aspects.

Knitting question of the day
In your yarn stash how many specific projects do you think that you have?


Knitting with Stash Yarn,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment