Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's all about me!



Week 23 = Knitting Declaration/Resolution
Day 7 = June 10, 2014

Declaration - a formal or explicit statement or announcement
Resolution - a firm decision to do or not to do something

Knitting Is Power Magnets
Picture from Zazzle

     Seeing that I have done 5 declarations/resolutions all about knitting I thought that I would save the last night of the week for a personal one. Making knitting declarations/resolutions is an extension of me. Whereas a personal one is just me as I am. In my opinion it is much harder for people to be honest with themselves than it is to be honest with other people.

     When thinking about a personal declaration/resolution the typical ones come up:
  • Eating healthy
  • Exercise
  • Weight loss

     I thought that I would try to dig deeper.

Personal
     1. I, Victoria Williams, do declare/resolve to stand in my own truth. I will do things to make me happy. I will not only accept my potential I will believe in my potential. I will be strong and lead by example.

Knitting 
     1. I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve to post a blog on SaveryKnitting.blogspot.com every day of 2014, for the purpose of seeing what can happen in a year's time with daily dedication to exploring knitting in all its aspects.


     2. Part 1: I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve to have only 5 knitting projects for fun and 1 knitting project for charity going at any one time.
    2. Part 2: I will write down 5 of my designs before casting on any new projects.

     3. I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve that for every new knitting project that I cast on I will also write down one of my own designs.

     4. I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve to publish one new pattern a month on Ravelry.com starting June 2014. 

     5. I, Victoria Williams of Savery Knitting, do declare/resolve to not purchase any more yarn until I have knit all the projects I have set aside in my current yarn stash.

Knitting question of the day
What would be your personal declaration/resolution?


Knitting with Power,


Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment