Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Finale

Week 22 = Interweave Miscellaneous
Day 7 = June 3, 2014


     So there you have it! After 2 weeks an in depth look at Interweave Knitting Lab. I wonder if the other attendees had the impressive experience that I did or if it was all the more special to me because of the scholarship.
     Here is how Interweave describes their scholarship:
  • The Interweave Knitting Lab Scholarship has been established to encourage knitters to explore the art and craft of knitting, experiment with new and interesting techniques and supplies and to engage with the knitting community in a fertile environment. The Interweave Knitting Lab Scholarship is designed to bring knitters to the Knitting Lab who have much to offer the community both at the event and beyond, and who would otherwise not be able to attend. "Our hope is that the knitting community will benefit by the infusion of in-depth education and the acknowledgement of the importance of recognizing and compelling the exchange of ideas, skills and stories." explains Karin Strom, Editorial Director of Interweave Knits."
     When looking at the logo above, I feel so honored and awed that Interweave thinks I am a knitter who explores, experiments and engages.  Thank you, Karin Strom, Maggie Reinholtz and all those at Interweave. You have no idea how much your belief in me and my talent means to me.

     I was thrilled to explore Knitting Lab, its classes, events and build relationships with other attendees. I have already begun to experiment with the new techniques that I learned, like Brioche and Double-Knitting. I look forward to engaging my own students with the classes that I am now developing.

     Here are my top 4 favorite pictures from Interweave Knitting Lab:

Karin Strom, Me and Maggie Reinholtz

Me with Annie Modesitt, instructor & creator of my amazing wrap

Me, Clara Parkes & Mom

Knitting Adventure #2 with my Mom
 

Knitting question of the day
How do you explore, experiment and engage with your knitting?    

Knitting Explorer,
Victoria


No comments:

Post a Comment